Friday, May 15, 2009

absolutely peculiar (spoken in a british accent)

While taking the bus on tuesday to hang out with dear rachel, i had the privilege of having this man sit next to me. Sat down next to me in a hurry as he held a book in his hand. The book caught my attention. The title of the book was ' How to stop worrying and start to live your life'. haha so naturally, being the busybody that i am, i secretly peeked over and started reading what he was reading. Five minutes into reading from his book, i realized that he was staring at me. how embarassing. so i pretended to stare into blank space. *nat lousy acting, like seriously*. ok so watever. Took a quick peak at his face. all burrowed up into a frown looking worried. told myself, man, that book he is reading doesn't help him at all. He needs something better than some advice from theologians. What do they know!

Started to pray for that poor worried man. Matthew 6:25 came to mind. Thank God i had my bible with me. Guess what! when i took my bible out, the man stared at me and the bible and stared back at me. ok so i gave him my beautiful smile (since he wanted to stare at a pretty girl).

Within 1 min, he changed seat to the next aisle beside me and kept looking over at my direction. I think he thought that i'm going to preach to him about Jesus. oh well, anyway so i took out a piece of paper and thought i write him that verse as an encouragement and to bless him. however, i did not get the opportunity to pass him that verse because he immediately alighted at the next stop.

but who said, the power of God would stop there when people run away from God? That man can run as far as he wants but i have another weapon - a tracking missile. it is always accurate. That "tracking missile" is prayer. if i can't write him a blessing, i shall pray a blessing over him. That is the best that i can do for that man. God is awesome.

Daddy, i went for my first HIP programme today. I had fun though i was still struggling internally. Not easy God, not easy i tell you. But i know that all things work out for the good of those who love him. Thank you for teaching me your word. Your word that you have said to me, i will keep it and hold it dear in my heart. It means a lot to me.

God, i remember you saying that everything on earth shouts your name and gives you praise. I challenged myself today. Went bowling with the hippers and as i just sat there observing the way people bowl and how the ball spins into the longkang, i found you.

The bowling lanes are like our lives. One whole long stretch. we will not know the outcome of things, like we do not know how many pins will fall at our hands, which direction the ball moves. As i observed the two guys playing bowling at the next lane, i was just simply blown away. their ball can be in the longkang and at the last minute, somehow, it will move out of the longkang and strike all the pins down. That really taught me something. No matter how deep trouble we are in, or at the lowest point of our lives, God is always there to intervene on time. never early, never late. God is always on time.

Keeping the focus is another challenging point. Bowling is not as brainless as it seems. Man, it is mentally draining as i had to keep focusing on the pin and ensure that the angle of my hand and the ball are aligned properly so as to attain a strike. After almost 2 hours worth of games, i tell you i was mentally drained. God, you know it is like the walk and relationship with you. It is not always easy to keep the focus initially. But as you get the hang of it, it gets easier and easier to connect and communicate with you. It is the commitment and perseverance of hanging in there with you.

God, i also want to thank you for my parents for being there with me. Thank you for teaching me to honour them, despite the pressures and challenges that i face, and thank you for hearing and answering my prayers. Yesterday was a breakthrough. It is such a beautiful gift to me. I pray that you will sustain them as they walk through this journey with me. Help them through this as you speak to them too Lord.

Finally, God, i want to tell you that i will still bless your name no matter what happens and am willing to pay the price to know you better and to attain that anointing from you. I trust my life into your hands knowing that You as my father would not harm me but have plans to prosper me. You know me better than i know myself and i pray that you will continue to grow, support me in everything that i do. Teach me as i open and avail myself to your transformative work in me. Change me so unrecognizable that people will know that you are real. Guard my heart jealously too God. it's yours.

Daddy, please continue to protect and bless the ones that i love. Shelter them from storms, give them hard knocks if you must but always be there for them. Help them grow as into the fullest potential that they can be. Guard their hearts as well daddy. I love every single one of them with every ounce of love that i have in my heart. Teach me to love them with your love and see them through your eyes. That is the greatest gift that you could ever give me. In Jesus name i pray amen.

No comments: