Monday, May 25, 2009

childhood

While spending some time alone at Holland Village, i saw a mother with her child. The child was super round, chubby and cute. Man, haha i want to pinch the little kid's cheeks. So lovable. Observing the child just reminded me of my childhood and me being a little kid.

Anyway, the mother was just looking at some clothes at a shop and the child went, eeee so ugly. haha that comment by that kid just made me remember that he is just saying it in honesty. Young children do not know how to lie and to put up a front. They say what they feel and think. They believe every single word that they are being told. super innocent.

You know as a child, i had no worries, always laughing, making my parents angry, laugh, cry, pull their hair out. Normal things that a playful kid would do. and i would say the darndest things in all honesty. If i was angry, i would show it. If i was sad or tired, i would show it. but as i grew up, society and the environment that we live in always or rather has often taught us to put up a front. To not be vulnerable and to hide our true feelings till the point that you do not know whether the person you are talking to is sincere, real or just putting up a facade or simply being fake.

It just reminds of what Jesus said in Mark 10:15 - Assuredly i say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will by no means enter it.

I am not too sure about you but for me, as i grew up to be a young lady, i did lose some of the innocence of a child due to experiences, be it good or bad. But, i will always have to come and lay it down at the feet of Jesus and in exchange, ask for a child like faith and discernment to discern between right and wrong, good and evil.

In all honesty, nat nat miss being a child. If only i could turn back the hands of time, i would tell my younger self not to wish to grow up so fast but to enjoy the carefree life of being a kid, ravelling in the love and adoration that my parents have for me and just bask myself in it. but too bad, time passes so fast and in a twinkling of an eye, i am already a young adult.

Yes, for the first time in my life, for all those who know me, nat nat is no longer denying she is forever 16 or forever 21. nat has admitted to being a young adult and us gladly looking foward to the exciting things that God is going to do and send my way. *ok dot and angel, you can confess your age too! i just did hahahahah*

Guess there is a lot of things to learn in life as i step out on my own. God may you be my guide as i continue the rest of my journey with you into adulthood. Continue to mould me and consecrate my heart. :)

No comments: