Thursday, May 07, 2009

What did Miss Hedgehog do?

Miss Hedgehog is an extremely unhappy hedgehog. there is no more joy left in her. Even the little ladybugs do not dare come near to greet her anymore. Miss Hedgehog started to realize the change in her and decided to do some thinking.

Miss Hedgehog: What is wrong with me? Why have i become so grumpy ?

And the more Miss Hedgehog thought about it, the worse it became as her thoughts went flying everywhere else. As Miss Hedgehog sat and pondered, an old friend, the wise barn owl came swooping in and perched above her little plants.

Owl: Hoo Hoo... you look troubled. what has made you so unhappy Miss Hedgehog?

Miss Hedgehog: hello owl, just thinking to myself. But it seems that the more i think, the worse it becomes. i don't know what's wrong with me. :(

Owl: hmmm... well owl have nothing to do at the moment, so owl is willing to be a listening ear to miss hedgehog if you don't mind.

And so Miss hedgehog started to share her problems with the barn owl. After 2 hours, the barn owl looked straight at Miss Hedgehog and said, " so that's it? you mean that's all?


Miss Hedgehog: What do you mean that's all?!


Owl: my my, you ladies certainly have a lot of time in your hands. i think you are thinking too much. It is a simple problem with a simple solution. But, whether that solution will work out or not depends entirely on you.


Miss Hedgehog: What do you mean owl?


Owl: well you see, you miss Mr. Porcupine right? The problem is that you do not want to admit it. Everything is about you. Have you done anything to make him feel better or support him? perhaps he is feeling horrible right now? i'm sure you did not reply his letter right?

(nods Miss Hedgehog)

Owl: There you go. he must be waiting anxiously for your reply. then is he to be angry with you as well? Then it will never end.


Miss Hedgehog: what can i do then?


Owl: hmmm. why don't you ask yourself? perhaps putting yourself in Mr. Porcupine's shoes might help. i can't tell you the answer. Only you know what to do. You are wise enough my dear. Good luck. I need to go hunting. toodleloos...


Miss Hedgehog: oh dear, oh dear, what can i do to make Mr. Porcupine feel better? Oh, it's all my fault. i never should have gotten angry with him in the first place. If only i had been more understanding and put myself in his shoes earlier... ohhh ooooo...... (pondering)


Miss Hedgehog: I GOT IT!! i will go down to find Mr. Porcupine and help him take care of his aunt and grandma. In that way, Mr. Porcupine will be able to receive a nice pleasant surprise and have extra help in taking care of his grandma.


With that, Miss Hedgehog started to prepare the things that she needed for the trip. She was extremely happy to be able to make others happy.


wow ok, that;s a long story of three posts. I guess my point in putting up this story is that when you love someone in a relationship, friendship, family etc... not everything is about you. You can't expect the same person to always give in to you and demand your way all the time.

For me, God, i believe that have been and am still dealing with me in this area for the past few days. It is easy to always pinpoint the mistakes made by others, but when it comes to myself, it is often hard to admit. It was tough but i believe that i have to go through it in order to mature.

But God, I thank you very much for putting me through this. Thank you for reminding me that without problems, I would never grow and learn. Without problems, I would not know that you are my comforter, my teacher, my friend, my saviour and my love. Thank you for surfacing my flaws, and just encouraging and sustaining me by giving me the courage to face my own flaws, to admit it and to learn from it.

Without this challenging time, I think I would have always remained a pampered princess. God, change me please. Don’t stop. You have eternity to continue to change me. I want to be a better person and child for you.

You know, God, it is very interesting like i always ask You to help me grow and often, i always expect it to be overnight. but i realized that no, when I ask You to help me grow, it is always asking for trouble. Daddy, you really put me in situations that drain me mentally, emotionally and physically. You know that? But I guess it is a test to see how I would react.

Lucky I smart. I’m smart becoz you’re smart. Haha I thank God, my brain was fast enough and communicated fast enough with You to realize that i asked for this test by myself 6 months ago. Heh heh.. so who ask for it? At the end of the day, still me. Oh well, but it’s good.

Just to side track a little, i spent half of the day with Jesselene. Had a wonderful time catching up with her, though we walked around Bugis rather aimlessly for dunno how many hours, thinking of whether to catch a movie or not. In the end, we both ended playing mario daytona in an arcade which is totally empty becoz it was in the new shopping centre opp bugis junction. It was quite fun. I cheered up a little. then we went to wheelock as Jess had to meet her mummy. so i walked round and round just to clear up some thoughts.

But the painful part is when i am being left alone. It is back to reality. Tried to run away again, as usual by calling some of my friends. Interestingly, none of them replied me, none of them called me back. I thought it strange as usually, if i call a number of friends say 7, 1 out of 7 would surely answer my calls right? BUT NO ONE ANSWERED MY CALL!!! man how clear was that for me.

God, you are very cute you know that. Did anyone tell you that before? Ok. You’re like teasing someone here like ME who is already hurting. But anyway thank you for doing so. If not, I would have run away from myself again. I guess it is a different level of facing myself. I thank you for helping me to not run when I face the slightest sign of problems. But that is, not as tough as compared to facing my flaws.

One thing I learnt from the past few days, neither silver nor gold can replace you. God, may I dedicate a song to you?

Renew my life Lord Jesus

Change this heart inside of me

Renew my life Lord Jesus

I never want to be the same

In my life and thoughts there are, so many things

That need the change that only your love can bring

And I need to be transformed into your likeness O God

Change this heart inside of me

Dear Lord, it is really tough lar… Bless my loved ones like my family and chris as I go through this period with you. I may not be the best person for them but God teach me how to. I love you God very much and I love them too. I can’t go through it alone without you so help me. Please help and teach me.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

nat! hahaha i chanced upon your blog when i was searching for the lyrics to the song you posted!!

anw, i hope things are better for you now, whatever was the matter!! :)

God bless you! :)

sam (samantha from coos!)